Sound & Lighting: Volumetric stage lighting techniques (1/1)

foto1
Stage Pro-sound
foto1
Stage Pro-lighting
foto1
Tube Amplifier
foto1
Disco Bar
foto1
Karaoke & Bistro Systems
e-mail: soundlightingvn@gmail.com
Phone: +84 903 923 527
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Volumetric stage lighting techniques

Volumetric stage lighting techniques 07 Nov 2017 16:49 #2529

• JensenBreck
  • Senior Boarder
Hi,

I am working on a stage visualization. Everything is built and surfaced and looks good. I am trying to add some stage lighting and other atmospherics. The problem I am having is with the Cinema4D volumetric lighting.

I have some good reference images (see attached) for some lighting looks but I cannot get C4D to match the look realistically. I may have to get a good render into Photoshop for some post work, but I would like to see how much better it is possible to make it in C4D.

If you look at the reference images - and at real life - volumetric light out of a fixture does not originate from a single point. It comes out in a cone or tube shape. The C4D volumetric spot lights originate from a very unrealistically sharp point. I would love to ‘thicken up’ the point where the beam of light begins.

I have tried many combinations of light type with the volumetric setting. I have tried doubling up lights where another omni light ‘hides’ the point of the spot with its own volumetric glow. I cannot get a satisfactory look and I have been at this for a few hours now getting nowhere. I searched the web for ‘realistic volumetric stage lighting’ and found nothing helpful.

Any tips or pointers would be really welcome.

Thanks,

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:
- forums.cgsociety.org/archive/index.php?t-1162976.html
-best advertisements
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: db lighting
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds

Ad 800x100

MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS

Ai đang truy cập

We have 74 guests and no members online

Hôm nay
Hôm qua
Tất cả

19-08-2018 08:34

Đăng ký/đăng nhập

Thảo luận mới